St John's is proud to be a Church of England school. It has a long history associated with St John's Church in the city centre. The school was founded in 1815 and moved to its current site in September 1964. We welcome pupils of all faiths and none.
The school now has close connections with local Coventry Churches.
St Christopher's Church is our local Parish Church. We hold special services at St Christopher's on a regular basis. The Reverend Andy March is a Governor and regularly leads Worship. As part of the strong relationship with St Christopher's Church, we also have strong links with PAIS movement, which is a global missions organisation. They support us with bible study, worship and work closely with our Spotlight Team to plan, lead and evaluate worship.
We also have strong links with Allesley Park Evangelical Church (APEC) and Terry Osbourne
regularly leads Worship.